- Peoplesoft Functional
- Peoplesoft Technical
- Database (Oracle)
- Tips and Tricks
- Interview Questions
- Peoplesoft Functional Interview Questions
- Workforce Development Questions
- Workforce Administration Questions
- PS PayRoll
- Recruiting Questions
- Security Questions
- Benefits Questions
- Setup HRMS Questions
- Other Functional Questions
- Peoplesoft Technical Interview Questions
- PeopleCode Questions
- Component Interface Questions
- Application Engine Questions
- SQR Questions
- PeopleSoft Mixed Questions
- PeopleSoft Certification Exam Questions
- Security Questions
|PeopleSoft Technical articles - Peoplecode|
A state record is a PeopleSoft record object that contains one or more fields used by the Application Engine program to pass values between steps and actions. Essentially it is a work record for your application to store common variables that can then be used throughout the program.
A state record can either be a database table or a PeopleSoft work record. If you make a state record a database table it must be keyed by process instance. Otherwise the state record will not work properly. If you want to implement the restart logic inside the application engine you have to make state record as database table to store the values. If the state record is used as work record then it would lost all the values in case of abend or error and you would not be able to restart the application engine from a point where it has failed.
Because state records contain process instance, you can use the following SQL action to get the operator ID and run control ID of the person who triggerred the application engine program.
%Select and %Bind are special Meta-SQL elements for working with application engine state records. %Select puts data in the state record and %Bind gets data from the state record. Think Select-In and Bind-Out.
SELECT OPRID ,RUN_CNTL_ID
WHERE PROCESS_INSTANCE = %Bind(PROCESS_INSTANCE)
Points to Ponder
1. State record at any point of time has only single line information, as it's driven by the Process Instance. While temp table can have multiple rows.1. State record at any point of time has only single line information, as it's driven by the Process Instance. While temp table can have multiple rows. 2. State record had only single instance, while the temp table can have maximum of 99 instances. 3. State record is used for restart logic. 4. State record can be used for dynamically calling AE section, by adding AE_SECTION, AE_APPLID as fields. Temp table can not be used.2. State record had only single instance, while the temp table can have maximum of 99 instances.
|< Prev||Next >|